JFY School of Skills (JFY-SOS) is owned by Jobs for Youth Pvt Ltd. We are a company focused on skilling the youth of India and providing employment opportunities so that they can join the dream job and pursue a dream career.
JFY-SOS provides services across the Talen Management framework, as under:
- Talent Sourcing
- Talent Screening
- Talent Assessment
- Talent Training
- Talent On-Boarding
The founders come with immense experience across multiple sectors having managed scale and interacted with the youth. The company aims to provide the industry with skilled Day 1 ready manpower who are trained not only on the domain skills but soft skills, selling skills so that they are well rounded individuals
JFY-SOS works across Banking, NBFC, HFC, Insurance, Retail, ITES, Hospitality providing skilled manpower to the corporates
We all know the focus India is putting on skilling. Skill India aims to train over 40 crore (400 million) people in India in different skills by 2022. It includes various initiatives of the government like “National Skill Development Mission”, “National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, 2015”, “Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)” etc.
JFY-SOS is focused in enabling youth from 10th pass to graduates/postgraduates to find their feet in the professional world. Having interacted with the youth for the last many years we notice that there are job opportunities across many cities and towns but the youth are not positively inclined towards taking those jobs. The reasons for this probably lies in our social fabric which looks down on some types of job roles.
JFY-SOS sees itself as a catalyst between the aspirant and the corporates not only in the areas of skill development but also to reduce the geographic boundaries in getting the youth to connect with the corporates seamlessly. JFY-SOS works with the aspirants and provides them a clear line of sight in developing their career with the right assessments, counselling, Training on both domain and soft skills so that the youth can start on their professional journey with confidence.
The youth need to overcome the following challenges in building their career :
- Large supply – India has 970,000 schools, 15600 colleges, 372 universities. By 2020 we will produce 1crore graduates. But still 80% would still be unemployable.
- Unmet demand – Corporates across the country and across industries recruit fresher’s every year but still do not get the right fit.
- Poor quality – Even with a large pool of graduates/post graduates the quality that the corporate is looking for is not readily available. Hence, the supply needs to go through interventions by way of skilling to be productive in their job role.
- Limited reach – Since quality is available in limited pockets corporates target colleges in metros/ Tier I towns hence creating a demand supply gap and not giving the opportunity to the aspirant in the other locations to make an impact and build their career
- Limited skilling – While >50% of the world youth between 15 to 35 years of age learn a vocation, a skill or a trade, in India hardly 2% of the population goes for any kind of formal Vocational training! Hence, a dire need today in the country and rightfully recognized by the govt
JFY-SOS believes in
- Creating a marketplace for students and young graduates
- Offering the right mix of technology, knowledge, network, counseling and job specific skills
- Help the youth access the resources needed to kickstart/build their careers.
- Build an ecosystem where youth find everything essential for getting their dream job, such as
- Right positioning – grooming, communication, resumes, interview skills etc
- Right skilling – domain, soft skills giving them a holistic personality
- Right selling – confidently work their way through the corporate selection process